Key Benefits of Obtaining Cyprus EU Citizenship through the Scheme for Naturalisation of Investors
- Recent studies conducted by global immigration experts have classified the Cyprus Citizenship by Investment program among the “top ten best in the world” mainly because of the following benefits it offers:
- A single application provides Cyprus EU CITIZENSHIP & Passports for all the Family; that includes the spouse of the applicant, children under 18 years, and adult dependent children (over 18 years and up to 28 years). Neither the spouse nor the children are obliged to meet any financial criteria. Parents of the investor have the right to obtain citizenship as well.
- FAST-TRACK process – 90 days from application to receiving Citizenship & Passports.
- As of September 2016, the Investment amount has been reduced to 2 million.
· No Tax Consequences – Applicant does not become a tax resident in Cyprus unless he/she spends more than 183 days in one calendar year.
· Visa-free travel to more than 157+ countries.
· Valid for life and passed on to descendants.
· Cyprus allows Dual Citizenship – The acquisition of citizenship in Cyprus is not reported to other countries.
· Applies to all nationalities.
· No requirement to physically reside in Cyprus – Neither before the application nor after obtaining the Citizenship.
· Cypriot citizens enjoy the freedom to live, work, study and travel throughout Europe.
· Freedom to establish a business in any European country.
· No Restriction on Movement of Capital – Transfer any amount of money from any EU Member State to another, purchase property in any EU Member State and invest in any activity.
· No local Language and History tests.
· Cyprus does not have Inheritance Tax allowing for long-term tax planning.
· Cyprus has the lowest rate of corporate income tax in Europe
· NO GOVERNMENT DONATIONS – Unlike the other Citizenship programs, 100% of your investment goes against your investment.
· Excellent Rental Yields on Real Estate investments.
· The main investment may be sold after three years; however, the investor must always maintain/purchase a property as a permanent residence with a value of at least €500,000
· Access to the first-class EU healthcare and education systems
· Cyprus offers a wonderful climate and ecology, one of the safest places in the World and an English speaking environment
Investment Options for EU Citizenship
Investment in real estate, developments, and infrastructure projects
The applicant should make an investment of at least EUR 2 million for the purchase or construction of real estate.
Purchase, establishment, or participation in Cypriot businesses and companies
The applicant must make an investment of at least EUR 2 million in the purchase, creation or participation in businesses or companies that are based and operating in the Republic. These businesses or companies should have a demonstrable and tangible presence in Cyprus and employ at least five Cypriot citizens.
Investment in Alternative Investment Funds or financial assets of Cypriot enterprises or Cypriot organizations licensed by the Securities and Exchange Commission
The applicant should purchase units amounting to at least EUR 2 million from Alternative Investment Funds (AIF). This criterion also covers the purchase of financial assets of Cypriot businesses or organizations for at least EUR 2 million, in the form of bonds, securities, and debt securities.
Combination of the above investments
The applicant may invest in a combination of the above, provided that the total investment amounts to at least EUR 2 million. The applicant’s investment combination may include the purchase of special government bonds of the Republic of Cyprus of up to EUR 500,000.